Sunday, January 16, 2011

Amir: Toughest phase of my career

Pakistan bowler Mohammad Amir described the last few months as the toughest period of his life.

The 18-year-old also described the International Cricket Council's anti-corruption tribunal hearing in Doha from January 6 to 11 as the longest and toughest test of his career.

"I want a decision from the ICC on my suspension and on the case as soon as possible. My lawyer (Shahid Karim) has prepared a strong case and I am hoping for the best," the left-arm pacer told News One channel.

Amir reiterated that he had not done anything wrong, adding that he had full faith in the rule of law and hoped to come out clean after the hearing.

"I have always played five-day test matches, but the upcoming hearing in Doha would not only be the longest but the toughest test of my career. I am hopeful that like the on-field matches, I would be able to perform well in this test (hearing) too," he said.

Amir along with Salman Butt and Mohammad Asif will fly out on Tuesday for Doha to attend the hearing of the anti-corruption tribunal that could well decide their cricket futures.

The three-member anti-corruption tribunal will hold a six days session before delivering its verdict on whether the three players are guilty of having violated clauses of the ICC anti-corruption code.

Michael Beloff will chair the panel in Doha while the other tribunal members are Justice Albie Sachs from South Africa and Sharad Rao from Kenya.

Amir also appealed to the nation to pray for him as well as Salman Butt and Mohammad Asif.

Mohammad Amir, who hit the headlines in the 2009 World T20 Cup, has captured 51 wickets in just 14 Test matches with three five-wicket hauls.

Source: ESPNstar.com
















muhammad amir cricket player